Know, first, who you are;
And then adorn yourself accordingly.
~ Epictetus

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NARS : Cruising Nude Pink (1088) review




A Soft Romantic Pink


It's late at night and I can't sleep, so here's another cosmetics review. (I know I promised to upload pictures of the pinkxbrown lenses--I will post that soon. I'm sorry I forgot haha!)

Today I purchased a lipstick from NARS in Cruising (1088). I pay so much attention on how to apply eye makeup that sometimes I forget lips can be just as important too. I needed a new color because drugstore lipstick does not catch the more specific subtle shades of pink I look out for. (I'm guilty of frequently buying drugstore lipstick and returning it.) Anyways, I wanted a light and soft subtle pink, one that looks very natural and feminine like in The Duchess (below).



Here is some info from both the NARS and Sephora website:

"A beautifully sheer formula infused with ingredients to improve the condition of the lips. Sheer, long lasting color pigments have been suspended in this tranlucent formula to provide a sophisticated shine."

"What it is:
A pure, creamy lipstick formula for bold color.

What it does:
Nars Lipsticks are enriched with vitamin E to increase wearability and keep true color intact. Sheer finish creates the most natural, stained-looking lips. Semi-matte produces velvety, full-bodied lips. Finally, satin fashions creamy, moist-looking lips."

First off, I want to express how much I love the formula. It's odorless, very smooth, glides on creamy, and moisturizes well. I'd say that it's hard to mess up when applying. It's already my favorite lipstick!

Cruising Nude Pink is a sheer lipstick, so the shade leaves a lovely transparency. I really like that it can also be buildable, around up to about 4 layers. (Below is 4 layers applied.) After a couple of hours the soft shine will wear off, but the color will stay for the most part. I reapply after about 5 hours in. In person, the color of the stick looks like this but ends up looking more pink with my natural lip color showing through. Overall, I highly recommend it. But who doesn't love NARS?

You can buy it here: NARS, $24.00

Sorry for the derpface, it's 5AM and I look tired as hell bahah.
Apologies for the blurriness, but you get the idea of the color. :X

No comments:

Post a Comment